Sunday, March 6, 2011

Whaddaya say, Patrick?

Dear Patrick,
Can we be friends? I'll have you over for tea and cake and we can discuss all our favorite cinematic masterpieces. What's your favorite genre? Is Citizen Kane really the greatest movie of all time? We will be so busy chatting that we'll lose track of time and I'll have to ask you to stay for dinner as well. What do you say? 


...Since I was little, I've always thought Patrick Stoner a legendary guy. I love the way he has his "Quick Picks" segment in which he reviews the movie, interviews the star, and shows you a great clip, leaving you even more intrigued than you started. Best of all, it takes only a few minutes. No need to be strung along watching previews for movies you'll never desire to see or watching the clip only to hear the movie gets 2 stars, before the feature film gets reviewed. Yes, I am rambling a bit...The point is, I always secretly wished that someday, I could be "The. Next. Patrick. Stoner." Not that I want him to go anywhere, maybe I could just be his apprentice. 



3 comments:

  1. Okay, I have a confession to make. I have never heard of Patrick Stoner. But as far as I'm concerned you can be the next "him." You're a lot cuter, anyway : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't it be fun to be a film reviewer? And you'd be such a good one! I had no interest in watching Never Let Me Go until you gave your review, and then I wanted to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patrick? This from the girl who once mocked me for calling C. S. Lewis "Jack". "Since when are we on a first name basis?" I think you said. However, you are way cuter than Mr. Stoner. hehehe

    ReplyDelete