Tuesday, April 19, 2011

On the Road Again

Hello Blog friends,
for once, my blogging absence has a good reason; Rhys and I have decided to move back to Auckland. So, we have been making our way slowly up from the bottom of the North Island to our old home near the top. We have had a great time staying with friends along the way. Since it's currently autumn in the southern hemisphere, Rhys and I have loved the sunny, crisp, weather on our drive up. Just the other day, Rhys and I were talking about how sad it is that we miss out on autumn in NZ, as there aren't very many deciduous trees. However, over the past two days, we have been blessed and wowed by seeing so many fiery trees along the way. For those of you on the other side of the world, I hope you are all enjoying your spring flowers as we all prepare for Easter. 

xo,

Joy

4 comments:

  1. Hi Joy, I love the beautiful photo and I'm so excited about being able to hang out with you more once your back in Auckland! I love autumn and have been enjoying the golden leaves falling in the city. I just wish it was a longer season :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your absence had a happy cause... we don't get much autumn color here in Florida, either. And being from the north originally, I miss it every year! Blessings to you for Easter...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Changing trees are one of my favorite parts of autumn. I'm so glad you're getting to see some on the way to your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your move! I hope you had a great Easter and are all settled into your new home.

    And as we're getting ready to plunge into humid, sticky summer heat over here, I'm just a little jealous of those autumn leaves ; )

    ReplyDelete