Sunday, September 18, 2011

Soon to Hatch



Dear Baby Lake,

It's not long now until I lose my internal heating system and your quiet little home is rudely interrupted by an eviction that you might not be expecting. So, I think there are a few things you should know:

I knew from the start that you were a girl, which shows that even if I'm not always right, I am some of the time at least.

I have a feeling that you will be a pretty stellar dancer. I love that you already dance with me to my ipod.

Macdonald's is what we like to call a "sometimes food;" one that I rarely thought about before you came on the scene so don't get too hooked.

Our friends have given you lots of names already: Suzannah, Esther, Rainbow, Sally Lunn, Puddle, and Jamima (Puddle Duck.) Never fear, you have a lovely one waiting for you.

I think your Dad should buy me a Kardashian-sized diamond ring so that when I get disapproving/pitied looks out in public, I can flash the ring and put people in their place. It's ok though; you're worth all the funny looks. 

I dream about you every night.

Your Dad and I already think you are the most beautiful girl in the world.

We can't wait to meet you.
Love,

Your Mama

p.s. thanks for the outie. 






8 comments:

  1. When you're 40 you will be grateful for that baby face that gets you disapproving and pitying looks now. In your 40's, you'll only need to flash a smile :) Instead of tsk, tsk, you'll hear gnashing of teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy.........you forgot the bestest name of all.....Shaniqua ;D tehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's great! I just had to set one of these blog things up...i'll follow you if you follow me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, mama bird, you are about as cute as you can be. i agree with your mother, you'll be glad of that baby face some day... and what a nice letter to your little hatchling-to-be (loved the part about her dancing with you to your ipod :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Leslie :) I'm sure it will come in handy someday but I still think a BIG FAT diamond could help ;)

    Ryan, I definitely will.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Joy, that is the sweetest post! I'm definitely waiting eagerly to meet her, and can only imagine how you and Rhys must be feeling! Glad to see you had the maternity photos taken - you look gorgeous by the way! Can't wait to meet your little girl with her dancing feet and love for J Williams xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh such beautiful photos! And your letter to Baby Lake has convinced me that she's a very lucky little girl to be born into your home. So sweet. (I loved the part about the iPod too!)

    http://emilygyoung.com/theessentialemily

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look beautiful! My eldest girl tried naming her younger sisters. . . lovely names like Pretty Smelly Flower. Her four-year-old self thought it was a beautiful name. I'm sure you all do have a truly beautiful one ready.
    This post also made me remember I had a dream before I even knew I was pregnant with my first, and I was standing in line at McDonalds (!) and could see a baby girl in my tummy. My instincts were wrong with my other pregnancies, but with her that dream helped me get it right.

    ReplyDelete