Wednesday, December 7, 2011

How Lovely Are Your Branches

The next order of business was decorating our beautiful, little, tree. I really like color schemed trees simply, because they look pretty. As an added bonus, color schemed trees are easier when you are just starting to collect your own ornaments. One of my favorite color schemes for Christmas trees is blue and silver but this year, I decided to take inspiration from my little Swedish horse ornament that my Mom gave to me last year. It was a favorite of mine from her collection that she very kindly passed on to me. So a red and white color scheme it is. Our tree is now sparkly-warkly beautiful though, it still needs a few more decorations. Now, without further ado:

Lights!


Camera!
Yes, we have become those photograph-crazy first time parents. 




My favorite Christmas photo thus far. Doesn't Tilly look like a chubby cherub from a Renaissance painting? 

Action!
Rhys very ceremoniously crowning the Christmas tree.




xo,

Joy

10 comments:

  1. Haha love the last photo, reminds me of 48hrs
    "when we were younger we didn't actually have that much money..." :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha. Shot Jade! I can't look at a Christmas tree without thinking about that scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a chubby bubby! I can't wait to hold her, and I love the 'Dear Santa Define Good' tee-shirt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the photo of the three of you together!! and your hair Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha Jade, where's that McGyver star.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, so THAT'S what the t-shirt said. Perfect ;)

    Love the tree and your little Renaissance girl...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehe, I love that last photo of Tilly in front of the tree. She looks like she's waiting for Father Christmas. (Or maybe one of Father Christmas' letters...)

    http://emilygyoung.com/theessentialemily

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha, lovely photos!! That wry look on Tilly's face is a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see pictures of your mom holding that little Renaissance cherub! Love that your mom gave you a Swedish horse from her collection. I have quite a collection myself. Great minds...

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's all just too cute really!! :) you guys with your little bubs... Tilly's first Christmas... aaaaah... there is just something uniquely special about having a little baby around at Christmas time.. :) love from Ami.

    ReplyDelete