Tuesday, December 6, 2011

O Tannenbaum, o Tannenbaum!

"You are as green in winter’s snow, As in the summer’s richest glow" ... and thank goodness for that since it's summer here on the Southern hemisphere. Hello Blog Friends! Happy Christmastide! I hope now that December is here, you are getting into the Christmas spirit as early as possible. Christmas is such a busy time that it can be easy to blink and miss it. I would hate for that to happen so Rhys and I started listening to Christmas music before Thanksgiving and the decorations went up on December 1st. Another reason I am thrusting myself into all things Christmas is, as I said, that it's summer here in little Aotearoa which makes it feel much different from the Christmas season that I am used to. There will be no dashing through the snow nor any chestnuts roasting on on an open fire. Still, I am determined to make my own little house feel as cozy and Christmasy as--for those of you who read my favorite blogger's blog--you can imagine my parent's house always feels around Christmas. And although Tilly is too young to appreciate it yet, it still is her first Christmas so I want to go all out.


The first order of business was, of course, procuring a Christmas tree. I love love love pine trees and so I am very grateful for their hailed "unchanging leaves." So come with me on this pictorial Christmas tree adventure!


The Christmas Tree Farm. Random fact about the Paper Canary; I've always wanted to have a Christmas Tree farm. 


Charlie Brown Tree



Tilly, perhaps not quite as excited about the tree as we are. 


Found our tree! Rhys wearing a devilish grin as he prepares to cut it down.

xo,

Joy

3 comments:

  1. You're back!! yay!!!! I'm so glad to be your favorite blogger.:D. We miss you all soooooooooooooooooo much. I want to squeeze miss bunny-kins. love you. I wish we could make christmas cookies together. More pictures please. oxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello you beautiful new mum, you! I can't believe you have not one but TWO new posts! And I've never been to a Christmas tree farm, so this is a fun pictorial jaunt for me. (Of course I can relate to it being summer at Christmastime, too - Florida is not exactly a winter wonderland ;)

    p.s. (your mom told me you guys were praying for me. can't begin to thank you enough for that...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly how you feel about Christmas and summertime! (Today, for example, we think it feels wintery because it's 70 degrees instead of 90...) So putting up decorations always makes it feel like it really, actually is Christmas time. From the sounds of it, I think baby Tilly is going to have a perfect first Christmas :)

    You picked out a gorgeous tree! Wouldn't it be fun to have a Cmas tree farm?

    http://emilygyoung.com/theessentialemily

    ReplyDelete