Saturday, December 24, 2011

Oh Holy Night...

Hello Blog Friends! 


I hope you are having as lovely a Christmas as I am and, in spite of the crazy-busy season, are finding the quiet moments to remember the amazing birth of Christ. I will keep this post short as my bub is, as I type, waiting to read J.R.R. Tolkien's Letters to Father Christmas by lantern light. 


So I thought I would share this video with you so that we can remember the first and greatest Christmas in history. It's very sweet and the older I get, the more convinced I am that children are the best storytellers. (Disclaimer: This video does not belong to me and I am very grateful to youtube and more importantly, St. Paul's Church of Auckland NZ for letting me borrow it. :)



O holy night! The stars are brightly shining,
It is the night of our dear Saviour's birth.
Long lay the world in sin and error pining,
'Til He appear'd and the soul felt its worth.
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices,
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.
Fall on your knees O hears the angels' voices...

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling video! Watched it five times (so far) at the request of Izzy. We need Tilly pics though, I think you forgot to post those.

    Plagiarism and Copyright law primer:
    - Plagiarism: In academic work, it's ok to use part someone else' work only if you site your source.
    - Copyright law: It's not ok to use part of someone else' work if they have copyrighted it, unless you have their express permission because they can't make money off of it if you redistribute/republish it, and that was the reason why they went through the trouble of copyrighting in the first place.
    - For the purpose of copyright infringement, telling people that the copyrighted material you redistributed is not yours only serves as an admission of guilt.

    I don't know if SPANK productions has copyrighted this video, you should find out, people do sue (please see Metallica/Napster).

    (Reposted sans spelling errors.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Joy, Niamh has your back, bless her. I've seen this vid - it's so adorable. I think it was filmed in NZ, wasn't it? I think a church put it out and said it was okay to share as long as people didn't try to make money from it. Dad and I can't wait to hold little bub.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Christmas to you and your lovely family!

    (LOVE that vid)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet video of the Christmas story! Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I just love this video! The children's voices are so adorable. (And the costumes... oh my.) Happy happy Christmas to you :)

    ReplyDelete