Friday, January 20, 2012

2011 in Focus

As we say in New Zealand, WOWZAAS! Can you believe we're more than halfway through January already? It feels like it just started! Rhys has officially gone back to work this week and the holidays are well and truly over. Still, I've been thinking, I love how Time always does a photo recap of the year. So, before I accept that we are really in the thick of 2012, I will do my own 2011 Photo Recap:


January


Rhys and I were still enjoying our American holiday in the snow.



February

Last Valentines was extra special as Rhys and I had just found out that we were having "Baby Lake."



March


Let's be honest, March wasn't the easiest or most exciting month for us; lots of thinking, decision making, and waiting. 




April


Love at first sight


May


The 48 Hour Film Fest. We all had dreams of Peter Jackson picking our film as his wildcard choice...oh well, next time.



AND... Our big reveal *


June


Paper! (i.e. our first anniversary :)



July


4th of July * Still celebrated from the bottom of the world.



August


Gearing up for The Rugby World Cup!!!


September

Being apart of history: Packed in like sardines to go to the Rugby World Cup Opening Ceremony


October

No need for words.


History: Rugby World Cup Final. Yes, WE WON! (Tilly says, "raise the roof!)


November


Thanksgiving *


December


Christmas spent with wonderful friends.




Well there you have it; 2011 in photos. 


xo,


Joy


* Starred photos taken by Nick Abell

7 comments:

  1. Dude, "wowzers" is from Inspector Gadget, whatever is said by the Hobbits is only an accented immitation.
    Please see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i7kQDne2Ns
    - Keepin' it real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a year~and what a wonderful recap! I think there's something helpful about taking a moment to reflect before stepping forward into new territory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed the way you took us through your year! So glad to know you and yours. Blessings to your family this new year!
    Love,
    Rayanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Mama visits makes the 2012 year in review! XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone :) Doing this post was a great way to remember the year. @acorn of course it will! @Nuamh it's all about the accent Niamh; I knew it wasn't a Kiwi expression but I'm pretty certain Kiwis are the only one's to say, "WOWZAAAAS!" and with frequency... Go Gadget Go! (sorry I couldn't help myself)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. Such a fun post!

    2. I would've picked your movie.

    3. I just love that red balloon in your wedding photos. One of my friends is getting married, and I keep telling her she needs to include a red balloon somewhere in her photos :)

    ReplyDelete