Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Wonderful Windswept Weekend

Yes, I like alliteration. You can ask my husband; they usually start with the letter, "p" and they are usually about him (ex: "Pardon me Pastor..." or Patience Please Pastor.") but that is another story...


This past weekend was windswept because much of New Zealand's North Island experienced a "weather bomb." The crazy wind and rain almost put a damper on the wonderful part however, as in many great stories, love conquered in the end. 


As I've mentioned before, Rhys has an amazing natural talent for photography and he is always seeking opportunities to add to his skills and repertoire. A few weeks ago, he put out an offer to friends on Twitter to do a couple/family photo shoot for the first person to comment, which turned out to be our legendary friends, Kevin and Kirsten. Although Rhys is the photographer in the family, I went along under the premise of prop carrier and assistant creative director. I must say I felt pretty pleased with myself. 


I say "premise" since the real reason I wanted to be there was because Kevin had something very special in mind; little did Kirsten know that this wasn't just a couples photo shoot, but an engagement shoot.




Aren't they a lovely couple? Kevin, we loved being in cahoots with you and thank you both for letting us be apart of your special day. 


xo,
Joy

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to come along as prop carrier and assistant creative director - you carried out your roles impeccably!

    It was wonderful having you and Rhys there to celebrate with and I'm in love with the photos! Thank you so much for all your help with Kevin's planning (and for such a sweet blog!)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, and all the people involved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's so sweet! And the photos turned our gorgeous. I love the one in the middle; it looks like a movie still. What a fun surprise for Kirsten.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How tender...he captured a moment in time that's priceless! Blessings to the couple,YOU and yours too dear one!

    ReplyDelete